The Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center
If you only have few hours to sight seeing in Manhattan New York, we would recommend you to go see “the tree”. Every year, many visitors come to Manhattan New York to see this Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center.
Here are some interesting fun facts about this spectacular tree:
- It’s a Noweigan Spruce
- The tallest tree on record was in 1999, 100 feet tall (2012 Height-80 ft)
- The star on top of the tree since 2004 weighs 550 lbs
- The tree is donated every year
- The estimated cost of the tree is $73,500
- The 2012 Tree survived Hurricane Sandy from Flanders, New Jersey
If you’ve made it to the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center you will also be able to see the ice skating rink, the window displays and decorations along Fifth Avenue, and will have the opportunity to do some world class shopping along Fifth Avenue.
Seeing the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center is also a FREE event, no admission necessary.