We are Manhattan Condo Specialists, in our How to Buy a Manhattan New York Condo series, we talked about Know the Housing Product, Understand the Buying Power, Financial Report of the Manhattan Condo or Coop building, NYC Apartment Terminology, and this section we will talk about how parents can buy for children. We know the Manhattan Condo market and the specific needs of each type of buyers.
Buying a Manhattan New York Condo as parents buying for children, you should understand your budget and time frame to start. We work with many parents who are buying for their son/daughter that goes to New York University, Parsons school of design, School of Visual Arts, Columbia University, Jillards music school and other well known schools here in Manhattan New York.
Is this for your son or daughter that is currently working in Manhattan? Do they have a job stability or financial freedom? Are they currently renting and lease may be expiring soon or month to month arrangement? It is important for us to know the reason and timeframe so we can narrow down the search for you.
Buying a Manhattan New York Condo as parents buying for children, you should PLAN AHEAD, and speak with all the parties involved (not you and your child but rather the right mortgage consultant/banker, accountant, a knowledgeable Manhattan Real Estate attorney, but first, you should contact us (917)837-8869 to start the conversation early.)
- If Buying all cash, and you are buying a condominium, the quickest we can close would be 45 days. If it is a cooperative, then it can be 90 or more days subject to condo board approval. If it is new construction condo, it can be two weeks up to unknown period of time depending on construction stage.
- Mortgage consultant: If you are planning to buy the condo all cash, that is always desirable when presenting offers to condo sellers. Keep in mind that you should have enough equity in case there is an increase in monthly carrying charge for this condo or other misc mishappens. If you are planning on financing this investment, be sure to speak to a local Manhattan lender that is familiarize with the market, the lending rules, and the mortgage products that may be suitable for you and your son/daughter.
- Accountant: If you are planning to co-purchase the condo with your child, be sure to discuss the possible tax complication you may have with your accountant. Speak to your accountant prior to your purchase can be very helpful.
- Manhattan Real Estate Attorney: In addition, speak to a local Real Estate attorney will be helpful as well since the local Manhattan Real Estate can also advise you what is the best way to structure the purchase and think about who/how should take the title of the deed.
Buying a Manhattan New York Condo as parents buying for children, the experienced Manhattan Condo specialists that can guide you through this process and navigate through the Manhattan Real Estate maze. Whether you are a first time buyer, or an investor that have bought and sold multiple properties in other parts of United States or country, we can help. Understanding the local market with the market expert can maximize your investment and avoid any possible problems down the rule. Many of our past clients are first time investors, they have bought many Manhattan condos under our guidance and continue to do so because we have developed a Real Estate plan for them. If this is something you are interested in, contact us now at (917)837-8869.
Here are some very useful information about buying Manhattan New York condos:
Other Manhattan New York Frequent Asked Questions:
- HOW TO MAKE AN OFFER in Manhattan New York Condominium Market?
- Who can fix my Manhattan New York condo if something breaks?
- What is a Sales Application in buying Manhattan New York condos?
- Are Manhattan New York Condos pet friendly?
- Does Manhattan New York condos have garage?
- What is included in my Manhattan New York Condo Common Charge?
- Who can help me manage my Manhattan New York condo?
If you do not see your question being answer in any of our blog articles, call us directly (917)837-8869 or email us (http://manhattannycondosforsale.com/contact/) and we will reply promptly.