Many of our foreign buyers are parents of International students from Europe, Asia, Canada, Latin America and other countries. Other than many career and investment opportunities, Manhattan New York has many distinguish universities and colleges that offers many international students undergraduate and graduate degrees. We helped many parents of international students from New York university, Parsons school of Art and Design, School of Visual Arts (SVA), Columbia University, the Jillard school, Cooper Union and other academic institutions.
Buying a Manhattan New York Condo as parents buying for children, you should plan ahead, and speak with all the parties involved (not you and your child but rather the right mortgage consultant/banker, accountant and a knowledgeable Manhattan Real Estate attorney.)
- Mortgage consultant: If you are planning to buy the condo all cash, that is always desirable when presenting offers to condo sellers. Keep in mind that you should have enough equity in case there is an increase in monthly carrying charge for this condo or other misc mishappens. If you are planning on financing this investment, be sure to speak to a local Manhattan lender that is familiarize with the market, the lending rules, and the mortgage products that may be suitable for you and your son/daughter.
- Accountant: If you are planning to co-purchase the condo with your child, be sure to discuss the possible tax complication you may have with your accountant. Speak to your accountant prior to your purchase can be very helpful.
- Manhattan Real Estate Attorney: In addition, speak to a local Real Estate attorney will be helpful as well since the local Manhattan Real Estate can also advise you what is the best way to structure the purchase and think about who/how should take the title of the deed.
Looking to buy a condo for your son or daughter? Fill out the form below and we will contact you promptly to help you out.
[gravityform id=1 name=contactus form title=false description=false]
You can also call us directly at (917)837-8869.
Other helpful information in buying NYC condos:
- Foreign Buyer Frequent Asked Questions
- Types of NYC Apartment Buildings-Brownstone, Postwar, prewar…
- NYC Apartment Terminology-Studio, Alcove Studio, Lofts…etc
- Greenwich Village-A fantastic Manhattan New York neighborhood
- SoHo-A vibrant Manhattan New York neighborhood